At Face to Face, the well being of our community’s children is our main priority. With this in mind, we have incorporated a new program into our existing youth programming designed to train children to become Community Leaders and to serve as Youth Advocates. We are proud to introduce our latest youth initiative, Youth Advocates of Ascension, also known as “YAA”. This program was designed to provide youth with a fun, safe learning environment with the guidance of caring adult role models. Our youth are provided with a variety of after-school services and opportunities to enhance their Leadership Skills. Each child will also have their own personal “Mentor” to offer them one-on-one guidance and support.
We are currently recruiting youth ages 11-15 to take part in this exciting initiative!
YAA is also recruiting High School Seniors to volunteer with our program. These seniors will receive Leadership Development Training, have the opportunity to gain service hours, and build their resumes. Participation in YAA may also enhance students’ scholarship opportunities.
YAA Participants Comments
- 8th Grader – “I like coming to discover the mistakes I had at school and getting help with what I learned during the day.”
- 4th Grader – “I like the help I receive in Math. I like learning the strategies in a fun way. YAA also helped me to make lots of friends.”
- 8th Grader – “YAA gives me the extra help that I need. It is fun working on homework with others my age.”
- 4th Grader – “I love working with the people here. They are helping me to earn better grades.”
- 6th Grader – “YAA is a fun way to learn the things I need to know.”